Hands-on Analyst Programmer/Application Analyst able to provide 3rd level technical support for large, complex corporate systems
Our client, a leading Government department, is looking to appoint a hands-on Analyst Programmer/Application Analyst to provide 3rd level technical support for large, complex corporate systems that facilitate the achievement of the Department's core business through the use of process and technology. The Senior Analyst Programmer provides sound, technical and professional advice to the role supervisor, and actively contributes to development, planning, system documentation and reporting.
- Assume technical responsibility for all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with development standards and achievement of documented requirements
- Provide design, analysis and/or programming expertise into the development and/or enhancement of complex computer-based programs, systems, databases and prototypes
- Utilise technical expertise in the requirements analysis and corrections phases to ensure the solution is both fit for purpose and fit for use
- Design and execute acceptance testing to improve the quality of the developed program / system and reduce organisational risks; provide support for user acceptance testing of completed developmental work
- Provide ongoing third level technical support for programs and systems; analyse and resolve problems, and where necessary, follow-through with external service providers; monitor recurring problems to identify trends and resolve performance issues
- Contribute to ICT planning to ensure that programs, systems and change requests are considered in the context of emerging ICT requirements; actively contribute to future resource and capacity planning, ICT security and disaster recovery planning activities to provide adequate protection for the Department and system users
- Maintain timely and accurate system documentation, including change requests, technical and user guides, software asset and configuration registers, problem and resolution knowledge bases, and other documentation produced during the program and/or system lifecycle
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in large scale enterprise technologies.
- Significant knowledge in design, programming and testing of an object-oriented programming language [J2EE/Java, JBoss EAP6, LDAP Directories, SOA & Web Service Standards].
- Currency of and in depth familiarity of databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Sound working knowledge of IT service management principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web-based software development environments and demonstrated ability in J2EE development.
- Experience with Bamboo, Git, JBoss Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience with TIBCO, messaging and splunk in a highly integrated environment.
- Experienced with Mulesoft.
- Strong written, verbal, customer service and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change
- Degree in Computer Science preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please click on apply or visit www.morganmckinley.com.au
For more information email Gavin at email@example.com.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.