A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Service Designer to work with a leading Government Department for a 4 month contract, based in Sydney CBD.
This leading Government Department is seeking a Service Designer to work on major customer experience project initial 4 month contract, based in Sydney CBD. In this role you will be responsible for driving the design of innovative experiences that meet NSW Government objectives and goals.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define key aspects of a proposed user experience, it's evolution across a multi-channel digital ecosystem, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Develop high quality deliverables based on the design thinking methodology.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation and organisation design (e.g. concept models).
- Develop sitemaps, process/screen flows, and wireframes; present deliverables to senior clients.
- Assess existing properties/sites for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Facilitate participatory design/user testing sessions, as well as behavioural in-context and empathy driven research; manage client involvement in research.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience for our clients (based on user research, heuristics and best practice); develop visually compelling frameworks to communicate opportunities to senior clients.
- Drive preparation and facilitation of large client workshops to communicate key themes from stakeholder interviews and inception workshops.
- Define best practices and standards.
- Develop user journey maps derived from personas/behavioural segments.
- Collaborate with Agile delivery teams to ensure best product outcomes for users.
- Guide developers and testers throughout delivery.
- Deep understanding of design thinking principles and experience working with agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of work that includes samples from all areas of service design (customer journey maps, wireframes, prototypes etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and multi task.
- 5+ years of professional experience in user experience design or related field.
- Considerable experience in a large and complex government of commercial environment that deliver enterprise scale systems with high availability that supporting business critical services.