Senior Program Support Officer
An exciting opportunity exists with a leading Government Department for a Senior Program Support Officer
The Senior Program Support Officer manages and coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of large-scale and complex projects to achieve project outcomes and support the achievement of organisational objectives.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project planning, development and implementation for a range of projects, including developing project plans, coordinating resources, managing budgets, meeting reporting requirements, and supporting project-related activities, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope in line with established agency project management methodology
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to engage stakeholders and ensure project deliverables are met
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of project implementation, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impact and quality measures, to identify and address issues, assess project progress and effectiveness, and achieve project outcomes
- Manage a project team/s, ensuring compliance with governance and quality requirements, to successfully deliver all key project/s milestones and outcomes
- Undertake research and formulate recommendations to support evidence based project planning and decision making
- Provide advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and to support project development and delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in managing a highly-complex and major technical program/projects in a large and complex Health/IT environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent. This includes providing successful project management capabilities, supporting the management of multiple implementations of technological change over the program lifecycle as well as governance, transition and development, and ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
- Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing major aspects of projects management and implementation, including developing and monitoring project plans, coordinating resources, reporting, issue and risk management and managing budgets.
- High level understanding of project methods and tools, particularly as they relate to technical project delivery environment, including the use of project management methodology (ie, Prince 2), SharePoint or equivalent frameworks and tools.
- Highly-developed communication skills, preparation of meeting agendas, documentation of meetings actions items and development of PowerPoint presentations, coupled with advance proficiency in Microsoft Project and Visio or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, share knowledge and work co-operatively to achieve outcomes and extensive experience with stakeholder engagement across a broad spectrum, from frontline staff to executive level.
- Highly-developed organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging, collaborating, and influencing key stakeholders and customers to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
Please click on the Apply button if you would like to be considered for this role, or email Urvi at email@example.com