Senior Policy Officer
Our Client, a leading NSW Government Department is seeking to engage a Senior Policy Officer who will be a integral part of the team developing strategic and regulatory policy and advice for early childhood education.
- Manage projects in relation to the development of strategic and regulatory policy proposals and solutions and provide researched advice to progress the early childhood education directions.
- Undertake research and analysis to inform new policy development and Commonwealth/State negotiations.
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships to ensure stakeholders are consulted and understand the Directorate's strategic and regulatory policy agenda.
- Develop innovative policy proposals considering legislative and regulatory frameworks and socioeconomic factors.
- Manage the implementation of key projects with the guidance of senior officers to ensure they are delivered on time and to the required standard.
- Represent the Directorate at stakeholder forums to provide information and seek feedback about the Directorate's strategic a regulatory policy agenda.
- Prepare quality evidence-based reports, submissions and correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated experience in Policy research and analysis
- 3 to 5+ years' experience in a similar role is essential
- Government Experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Departments Aboriginal Education policies is highly desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.