An exciting opportunity at an ASX Listed Global Bank
This is an exciting and newly created role in the team. You will be interpreting regulatory reporting (APRA) requirements within a business context while advising and communicating these requirements clearly with a diverse set of stakeholders across the business.
In this exciting and varied role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Technical advisory and interpretation of regulatory reporting requirements for regulators that include APRA, the RBA and the ABS.
- Application of business context to assess and document assumptions and interpretations, including consultation with regulators.
- Engage with the data team, business units, risk management team and senior management to reassess and reconfirm interpretations.
- Ongoing identification of new assumptions and interpretations through reviewing regulator publications, other communications from regulators, as well as through discussion with other entities regarding industry practice.
- Documentation of the key assumptions and interpretations applied in the regulatory returns in the Areas of Judgement paper presented to senior management
- Liaison and management of second line review and challenge
- Provision of training for ongoing as well as new and amended requirements
- Drive consistency of application for the interpretation and approach across geographical regions and other reporting teams.
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Experience in regulatory reporting (APRA, RBA or ABS) is a distinct advantage - this must be in a bank/financial services group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Strong people management experience
Please register your interest in this position by sending through a copy of your CV to Tamara Wood at email@example.com or call 02 8986 3145 for a confidential discussion.