Contract role to start ASAP for an experienced Senior Finance Officer based in Parramatta!
Fantastic opportuity to start ASAP with a leading Government finance team. A Senior Finance Officer is required to provide expert advice based on current knowledge and understanding of the latest developments in Australian accounting and NSW Treasury pronouncements to ensure compliance in preparation of the Department's statutory financial statements and NSW Treasury returns.
- Develop and provide expert advice based on current knowledge and understanding of the latest developments in Australian accounting and NSW Treasury pronouncements to ensure compliance in preparation of the Department's statutory financial statements and NSW Treasury returns. This includes research to making recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer and the Directorate's key stakeholders regarding proposed changes to accounting standards, analysing the relevance and impact on the Department's current finance policies, and coordinating the implementation of agreed policy revisions across the Department.
- Interpret and apply government accounting procedures and policies relevant to the operations of the assigned business unit including NSW Treasury pronouncements, Public Finance and Audit Act 1983 and Government Sector Finance Act 2018.
- Assist in projects or programs to achieve operational outcomes within the assigned business unit by working closely with other Finance teams. This includes analysing information from a variety of sources to develop and provide accurate reports and information to staff, senior management and external agencies.
- Support the formation of business partnerships within Finance Directorate, the broader Department and external stakeholders to optimise the effective implementation of the accounting standards. When collaborating with other teams, the role ensures all parties are fully briefed on proposed business tasks and practices, timelines and expected outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Accounting and/or equivalent workplace experience
- Previous experience working in Government preparing stautory financial statements and NSW Treasury returns is ESSENTIAL.
If you would like to apply and meet the above criteria, please submit your application via the link below.