A fantastic opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a leading Government Department.
This leading Government Department are seeking to engage a passionate Senior DevOps Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based in Sydney CBD. In this role you will be responsible for leading and developing the internal DevOps capability. This will include providing production DevOps support and work with commissioning and delivery teams in the more challenging DevOps tasks.
- Providing DeVops capability development and lead and to produce a roadmap to reach the proposed capability targets.
- Automate and stabilize our environment deployments, CI/CD process and tools leveraging standard DevOps practices to support the team.
- Extensive DevOps support experience in production environments, including backup/recovery, monitoring, and alerting.
- 3-5 years' experience and excellent Systems administration skills
- Solid cloud experience with AWS core services (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Understanding of security principles and AWS best practices
- Good understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-code approach and exposure to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Solid experiencing in building and maintaining Docker images
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Bamboo CI, AWS CodePipline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Development Kit, Troposphere.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking and protocols
- DDoS mitigation techniques / IPS-IDS / Web Application Firewalls
- Solid coding/scripting skills (Java, Python, bash)
- Solid understanding of source code control, preferably with Git Disaster recovery design and implementation
- AWS Certifications preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.