A leading Australian organisation are looking to hire a motivated, talented and personable professional within their modelling team. Boasting state of the art offices in Sydney, our client is a recognised market leader in the finance industry who has a proven track record of supporting quality corporate social responsibility campaigns. This role requires a enthusiastic and innovative individual who thrives on delivering and presenting appealing predictive models to senior stakeholders.
You will receive guidance and active career encouragement in your day to day role as well as the opportunity to liaise with internal clients. Your role will be to work as an active member in a dynamic team environment where you will receive a myriad of attractive benefits.
- Work within a forward thinking team to extract data from internal databases and warehouses
- Produce and deliver predictive models by optimising the use of different tool sets and models
- Segment customers based on certain attributes/behaviour
- Make use of project management resources such as time recording systems
- Create presentations that will deliver insight to the rest of the team and the end client
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure they have a clear vision of what the created model will do for them, and what decisions they need to make as a result of the model
The right candidate will:
- Possess strong statistical modelling skills and be able to synthesise big data
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience using Hadoop/Spark/R/Python
- Desire to enhance pre-existing skills in areas such as machine learning (Python & SQL) and quantitative decision making
- A PhD would be highly advantagous
- Be a strong and confident communicator who can simplify complex models to stakeholders
- Have motivation to continually learn new skills both for personal advantage and to add value to the company
- Work collaboratively and efficiently in a tight-knit team
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunities to engage in further learning and career planning tools
- Flexible working spaces
- Paid volunteer leave and secondments for community work
To be part of one of the fastest growing financial services companies in the Sydney, working in a fast paced, dynamic, fun and friendly environment - with ambitious plans. Please apply immediately with an up to date CV.
Recruitment consultant: Leon Young