Fantastic opportunity to join a leading Government team in this exciting PR role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this busy Government team as Government Relations Advisor supporting the research, drafting and coordination of ministerial and parliamentary materials, primarily correspondence for the Minister's approval.
The Government Relations Advisor also offers support to the broader Parliamentary and Government Services team in maintaining a robust, strategic and efficient relationship between the Department and the Minister's Office.
- Undertake research, evaluation and review of complex, sensitive or topical issues relevant to the Department's portfolio.
- Interpret and synthesise complex advice to draft and coordinate the approval of correspondence on behalf of the Minister and other internal stakeholders with an emphasis on messaging, tone and plain English.
- Tailor communication, written and verbal, to a diverse range of audiences to ensure customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Minister's style and the Department's and NSW Government's values.
- Draft and coordinate ministerial and parliamentary documents, specifically correspondence, to the required timeframes and standards required, given the need to source and interpret technical information from numerous sources.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to the Minister's Office and Departmental executive on government and parliamentary materials.
- Participate in the review and improvement of relevant systems, processes and procedures to improve overall team operations.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external, and facilitating their engagement with, and contribution to, timely and accurate information to inform the Minister's Office.
- Complete other duties under direction.
- Highly advanced written communication skills with a focus on plain English
- Advanced verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of the NSW Government and its machinations
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please apply via the link below.