Work with a leading ASX listed business to solve genuine commercial problems with fantastic exposure to senior level stakeholders.
About the Business
The Principal Engineer, Applications role exists to provide expert technical services to support and advance Enterprise System applications, development, maintenance, support, selection, configuration, testing, implementation and/or enhancement and for providing input into the strategic direction. This position is working as part of the Specialist Finance Technology Team who partner with the business to support key business applications.
You will be a member of the leadership team, helping to drive a one team culture and ensuring we deliver and maintain best in class technology solutions. My client is seeking a seasoned professional with a strong technology background, good experience in a fast paced project delivery environment and the ability to problem solve on the fly to keep delivery on track. In return you will benefit from working with stakeholders, being across multiple technology platforms and working with numerous technology vendors. Ideally suited to a candidate who enjoys providing leadership to a team of technologists but is still happy to roll their sleeves up when required to help the team conquer a challenge!
As the Principal Technical Lead, Applications, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Application Development - Provide high level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet business requirements. Involves working closely with primary software vendor for the platform.
- Service Delivery - Provide subject matter expertise and advice regarding application asset life cycle management, contribution to end-end incident recovery, problem resolution, service continuity management and asset integration points within the bank
- Best Practice and Compliance - Provide validation and verification for key project deliverables and run assets to ensure delivery of sustainable business services.
- Supplier Management - Provide high-level technical expertise to senior business/technology stakeholders to support relevant Suppliers and other business stakeholders.
- Strategy and Innovation - Review and recommend development techniques, strategies and vendor products, and make recommendations on the acquisition of advanced technology to ensure Technology solutions meet the Technology and Business requirements.
- People Management - Lead, develop and grow a team of Technical Specialists.
The successful applicant
- 10+ years' relevant IT industry experience with at least 5 years in a highly technical role
- 7+ years' experience in Information Technology, primarily in systems development, support and maintenance
- Experience in systems integration
- Mastery level knowledge in at least one technical specialism, ideally Java, Websphere or other related technologies
- Expert analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting and consultative skills
- A firm understanding of a financial services operating environment and core applications and products desirable
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts of enterprise architecture, contemporary IT strategies, directions and technologies.
If you are interested in the role then please send your CV to Ripesh Damania at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on (02) 8986 3105
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.