Facilitate the development and the ongoing management of an optimised portfolio, conducting analysis and reporting to enable Portfolio decisions that lead to the fulfilment of strategic objectives
An exciting opportunity exists with a leading Government Department. Reporting to the Manager, Portfolio Management teh key focus of the role is to facilitate the development and the ongoing management of an optimised portfolio, conducting analysis and reporting to enable Portfolio decisions that lead to the fulfilment of strategic objectives through the delivery of programs and projects.
- Proven expertise in data analytics, modelling and reporting. Including the ability to use multiple sources of data and information to inform robust decision-making, and identification of trends, issues and root causes of problems.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process improvements.
- Sound communication, relationship and stakeholder engagement skills - interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Working knowledge of portfolio, program and project management processes (e.g. scheduling, cost, risk management) and associated IT systems and tools.
- Effective time management skills, ability to manage and deliver competing day-to-day priorities, balancing conflicting requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal written communication skills - including extensive experience is building trust and credibility in complex stakeholder and organisational environments and the ability to partner effectively with a variety of business and IT stakeholders.
Experience needed for the position.
- Substantial experience in a portfolio/program management environment, with at least 5 years' experience analysing program performance.
- Strong experience in Project Management and PMO methodology, services and industry best practices.
- Strong background in performance reporting.
- Change management processes
- Proven ability to:
- establish and maintain strong trusted business relationships, particularly in an advisory capacity.
- work as part of a cross functional team and share knowledge with other team members
- engage proactively with people at all levels of the business and seek out ways to improve performance
Desirable knowledge, skills or experience needed for the position.
- Sound knowledge of reporting tools
- PM Accreditations including Prince 2, PMBOK etc
- Understanding of operational and capital project reporting procedures and capital investment management
Please click on the Apply button if you would like to be considered for this role or visit morganmckinley.com.au for further information.