This leading NSW Government is seeking to engage a Policy Officer who will support the development of strategic and regulatory policy and advice for early childhood education.
- Undertake research and synthesise and analyse relevant material to support the development of high level strategic and regulatory policy and advice including the scoping of policy proposals and the development of policy options.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Directorate to produce innovative policy proposals including an analysis of their implications, such as stakeholder reaction, risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintain information systems to assist in ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the Directorate's policy documents.
- Provide secretariat services for high level policy and other forums to support the effective operations of those groups.
- Prepare quality evidence-based reports, submissions and correspondence in a timely fashion.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Government Experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal Education policies is highly desirable.
To find out more about this, and other opportunities with NSW Government please apply today - Vanessa Wilson
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.