This leading NSW Government Department is looking to engage an experienced Payroll Officer to join their team, based in Ultimo. You will prepare payroll and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
- Prepare and process the fortnightly payroll for all full time, part time and casual staff to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Monitor all new appointments, resignations and leave without pay to avoid overpayments, by ensuring that payments are released only to current staff members.
- Action, administer, check and process all terminations, staff movements, salary variations, leave entitlements, annual increments, overtime and special allowances to provide accurate data for the calculation of salaries, overtime, final monies and any additional payments owing.
- Generate various reports as required to verify the accuracy of data contained in the reports and to enable the reconciliation of the payroll process.
- Review and update personnel records to facilitate the maintenance of accurate information of employees.
- Prepare superannuation documentation for a range of funds and liaise with providers to ensure prompt processing of these benefits for staff.
- Respond promptly to payroll queries and concerns from employees and facilitate the satisfactory resolution of issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience using computerised payroll/ human resources systems such as SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant workplace awards, agreements, policies and procedures and provide appropriate advice to internal customers.
- Demonstrated experience applying data entry and numeracy skills accurately to payroll related calculations and processing activities together with strong attention to detail on routine and/or repetitious tasks.
To find out more about this, and other opportunities with NSW Government please apply today - Aoife Power
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.