Network Production Services Lead
Our client is an international banking organization providing various services and solutions to their extensive clientele base. They are looking for an experienced Network Production Services Lead to join their team.
Part of the Workload Management Network team of the Consumer Small Business Wealth group. The Position is responsible for assisting in both Event and Incident management focusing on the network infrastructure connecting from the front end web services and applications right to the backend mainframes and databases. This highly visible and critical position of the bank's client facing platforms covers 24x7 network event monitoring. Partnering with other subject matter experts on customer impacting issues that arise. Ensure the issue is triaged and addressed promptly and mitigated or resolved in the quickest and most efficient manner, to minimize impact to our customers. Post an incident, perform initial root cause analysis, identifying potential gaps and opportunities. Findings are handed over to the Problem Management teams for further follow-up.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Event monitoring of networking components ranging from Cisco switches /F5 Load Balancer / Firewalls / Proxies / DNS
- Provide support during change windows, validation and certification of change completion
- Engagement & triage for network related issues, or assist in isolation of issues at the application layer relating to response times, connectivity etc.
- Proactively reaching out to understand connectivity and interdependency between applications and the network components between
- Value add through gaining a strong end to end knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure. To eventually possess the ability to dive deeply when activated without the need to ask for specific source/destination to start with, but by just the application name.
- Communicate with various audiences leaders regarding network related issues. Possess the ability to drive a call and bring an issue to a mitigated point
- Participate in post incident review for high impacting network related issues. Assist in the follow-up and potential permanent fixes with the respective teams/vendors
- Fast paced team environment, ability to work independently under highly stressful situations and yet think logically to work around the problem is essential
- Position requires demonstrated actual hands on experience troubleshooting production related issues on Cisco Network devices, F5
- Due to the end to end nature of the role, knowledge in webservers/ operating systems (Linux/windows), Java virtual machines, database interconnectivity, performance tuning backgrounds would have an added advantage
- Candidates who possess prior experience in load balancing design and implementation would be a plus
- Candidate should possess at least 5 years working experience in equivalent environments
- Candidate should hold a degree in IT or equivalent qualification
- Candidates with current relevant product certifications e.g. CCIE, CISSP etc would have an added advantage
- Candidate will need to effectively lead a network related triage or participate actively until resolution
- Possess critical thinking and experience to manage high customer impacting scenarios in a logical effective manner is a must
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, kindly submit your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA Registration Number: R1877789