A fantastic opportunity for a legal secretary to work with a leading Insurance department for an initial 12 month contract.
This Insurance provider is seeking to engage a legal secretary for a 12 month contract, based in Sydney CBD. In this role you will provide a range of paralegal and administrative services that support the efficient and effective delivery of legal service conducted by the Litigation team.
- Provide timely and flexible support to the Legal and Company Secretary teams by undertaking administrative tasks and other duties across a variety of areas of the law, including advice, litigation and commercial matters as well as Board and Committee support services.
- Provide initial contact point services, together with information, advice and escalation where necessary to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Conduct legal research and assist with processing subpoenas and the preparation of draft advice and briefing documents.
- Create and maintain accurate records in legal information systems for the team in accordance with records management policies and procedures and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Sound knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Understanding of the research associated with legislation and legal precedents.
- A range of experience in providing legal support to a legal practice and/or an in-house legal team.
- Experience in workers compensation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.