Drive process improvement projects and provide advice to clients on issues such as organisational design and employee mobility, also case management advice on complex HR issues.
This role works as part of the Workforce Transition team in the HR directorate, managing process improvement projects as well as providing advice to clients on issues such as organisation design, job design, change consultation, employee mobility across the government sector and case management advice on complex HR issues.
Projects will include the digitisation of our record management processes, development of client communication tools and the development of a metrics driven reporting system.
- Devise and implement innovative workflow organisation, supervision and team motivation strategies to facilitate the development and effective utilisation of people and other allocated resources.
- Model work practices and behaviours to develop a high performing team. This includes coaching and mentoring staff to ensure the service delivered to customers is of the highest standard.
- Champion the use of new and/or updated people management strategies, technology, systems, and business methods to deliver efficient and effective service in accordance with Department policy and the Directorate's business practices. This includes coaching and inspiring others in the adoption of new technologies, systems and practices.
- Foster and build sustainable business partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. This includes working collaboratively with external parties to inform best practice to address changing business priorities, business reforms, government policy and economic conditions.
- Undertake research and provide evidence-based advice that informs the implementation of people strategies and reporting requirements.
- Provide regular updates regarding progress and achievement of the role's agreed business and reporting targets. This role identifies and assesses risk, and proposes and evaluates risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop an annual work plan that articulates, clarifies and documents the role's specific responsibilities, key deliverables and indicators of success over a 12 month period.
- Balancing a range of competing and conflicting work priorities and/or workflows.
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging trends, policy and legislative reform is critical as the role deals with internal and external customer requests across a broad range of issues.
- Understanding the impacts of changing business requirements, priorities, best practice and innovations.
- Minimum 5 years working as a senior HR Advisor or similar
- Ideally you have experience working with NSW Government
- Ability to identify and implement improvements in the workplace
To find out more about this, and other opportunities across NSW Government contact Shelley Austin on 02 8986 3125 or apply now.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.