If you love technical challenges and want to join an empowered team to make a difference, this could be the role for you!
As the Head of Engineering/Engineering Lead you will work closely with the Tribe Lead in the leadership of the Tribe to ensure delivery of the right solutions for the success of the Tribe. In this newly created position, you will be instrumental to the success of the business by driving an agile and creative engineering culture and balancing high quality outputs at pace with building and inspiring a high-performing team. Together you will develop a portfolio that satisfies all requirements aligned to the tribe purpose and strategy.
What you will do
- You will responsible to lead a technical delivery resources of approximately 10 -50 FTE, both internal and through preferred suppliers (onshore or offshore).
- You will be responsible to deliver with squads within the Tribe on the portfolio for this year
- Take end to end responsibility for how delivery is done for all change in the tribe (from IT to business)
- Involved in, facilitate and lead cross functional team with process architects, IT architects, business experts, and engineers to translate high level business epics into backlog items for scrum teams
- Lead and inspire your squads (onshore and offshore) to increase and improve the Agile practices in your tribe
- You will responsible to manage the implementation and continuous improvement of continuous delivery practices, including test automation, frequent delivery to production, etc. (onshore and offshore)
- You will love developing stunning products, both in design and functionality, that people use on a daily basis.
Do you have an exceptional track record of leading strong engineering teams in building innovative, scalable, and extensible products? Are you creative, innovative, and love to dive deep? Is agile a mindset and not just a methodology?
The successful candidate will be a thought leader, have experience in leading teams within financial services and a strong focus on strategy development, strategy execution and the customer.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in leading substantial technology teams
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical leadership in large engineering teams and Delivery
- Proven experience in IT and technology strategy development and execution in alignment with architecture and other IT functions.
- Experience with working with Agile and DevOps delivery
- Proven experience in developing engineering capability and effectiveness in a team
- Stakeholder management at Executive level
If you are interested in the role then please send your CV to Ripesh Damania at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on (02) 8986 3105
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.