The primary purpose of this role, with a leading NSW Government department, is to provide timely, high level support with the preparation, analysis and delivery of in-scope cluster financial reporting; assist in the continual review of the Department's accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements.
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant to review relevant policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the needs of a constantly changing accounting environment and comply with relevant statutory requirements
- Prepare month-end reports for submission ensuring compliance with presentation formats and reporting deadlines
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Undertake review and analysis of monthly operating statements, including taking corrective action arising from data integrity issues
- Facilitate the timely reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to assist in confirming the integrity of internal controls
- Support the preparation of annual accounts packages including preparation of work papers, reconciliation of accounts and respond to audit queries
- Provide sound advice and information to clients across the Department on diverse public sector accounting practices, policies and statutory requirements.
Degree qualification in Commerce, Business or similar field, or currently completing a Degree qualification in Commerce, Business or relevant field, or extensive relevant practical experience
To find out more about this, and other opportunities with NSW Government call Aoife Power today on 02 8986 3115 or apply now.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.