Finance leadership role for a global retail brand. This role will focus on driving continuous improvements with processes, systems & reporting
About the company
Our client is an instantly recognisable retail organisation and well known for offering genuine long term career opportunities. Our client boasts state of the art offices with Harbour views and gym facilities. Our client is focused on creating a values focused culture which has made them a well sought after employer. This organisation is known for collaborating and developing it's staff to create a high performing environment.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head Of Finance, you will be tasked with (but not limited to) the following:
- Financial reporting including statutory accounting, balance sheet & P&L reporting under IFRS
- Lead & motivate a team of 3+ accountants
- Prepare end of month P&L statements providing insights into any variances
- Monthly tax preparation (BAS, payroll, FBT)
- Manage transactional accounting including AP, AR and Payroll
- Working collaboratively with the business stakeholders to identify cost saving opportunities and drive improvements
- Be the finance lead and provide business partnering support to specific business units across the various asset categories
- Support with ongoing initiatives including process improvements & system efficiencies
The successful candidate will:
- CA/CPA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Must possess a strong understanding of accounting treatments such as IFRS/AASB
- Possess high level of oral and written communication, interpersonal, consultation and presentation skills including action plan development
- Have excellent problem solving ability, analytical skills and ability to management competing issues and work to tight deadlines
- You will possess outstanding stakeholder management skills as well as demonstrable experience in customer service
- Thrive in a team based environment and be comfortable being a self-starter who can work independently with a high level of initiative
- Be inquisitive, energetic and have a thirst for knowledge on processes, systems and the Businesses we support
- Have strong experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What to do next?
If you would like to apply for this position, please click APPLY now. Alternatively, you can send your updated resume to Josh Hawkins via email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.