We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Specialist to be a part of a leading Government agency in NSW
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Specialist to be a part of a leading Government agency in NSW.
The Cost Planner will be working with Project Managers to provide high level cost estimation on individual projects by performing CAPEX and OPEX Cost Estimates, FFC estimate reviews and maintaining the cost database.
- Provide high level cost estimation / cost planning on individual projects or items of work on an ad hoc and confidential basis, working with Project Managers to obtain current actual project cost data and capturing, collating, validating and recording cost at an elemental level to inform the cost estimating process.
- Work on both CAPEX and OPEX Cost Estimates as required to produce Whole of Life (WoL) Estimates for the submission and approval of Business Cases
- Deliver high level advice and support to the Program and Commercial teams:
- in the development of contract requirements for and providing commercial assessments for tenders and contract variations.
- within the regular FFC (Forecasted Final Cost) Estimate reviews
- for any QRA (Qualitative Risk Assessment) workshops, by providing guidance to and challenging any figures provided by Project Team
- Interrogate any third party cost consultants to ensure that estimates provided align to Infrastructure & Place (I&P) Estimating Standards, industry benchmarks.
- Develop standard work breakdown structures and associated cost breakdown structures for use within tender and contract documentation to best align project costs with project schedules.
- +2 Years of experience as an Estimator / Cost Planner
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder-management skills
- Have a thorough understanding of estimating principles, cost breakdown structures, and benchmarking.
- Past experience in developing estimates for large projects including QRA (Qualitative Risk Assessments) workshops
- Demonstrable ability to effectively analyse cost data and maintain a cost database
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or relevant discipline, or relevant experience
- Demonstrate experience in estimating (particularly OPEX estimating) within the Infrastructure Environment
If you are interested in this role, please feel free to contact Urvi Thacker on 02 8986 3125 to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.