A fantastic opportunity for a Director, Model Risk Framework to join a leading financial services company on an initial 9-month contract
A fantastic opportunity for a Director, Model Risk Framework to join a leading financial services company on an initial 9-month contract, based in Sydney CBD.
This role will has been created to uplift modelling standards across the business, with the main objectives to streamline and strengthen model governance activities. Stakeholder management and team leadership will be key to ensuring the re-writing of key modelling standards and drafting processes are successful.
- Provide important insights to key stakeholders on modelling standards and changes
- Direct a team of senior model risk analysts to ensure technical expertise is allocated efficiently and effectively
- Manage multiple key stakeholders across the business including: Model owners, model developers & the model risk committee
- Drive the uplifting of modelling standards and model governance
- Utilise your knowledge of risk frameworks to direct a technical team of modellers.
- Enhance group model risk policy and monitor validation standards
- Drive clarity of accountability across the model lifecycle whilst reducing reliance on external vendors
- Influence technology, data and validation strategies with executive level stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience leading a team/function of modellers
- Previous experience drafting standards or policies
- Excellent communication skills to lead technical teams and manage non-technical stakeholders
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Degree in a relevant field - Business, Risk Management, Science, Mathematics etc.
If you're interested in the opportunity and think you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply to the advert or send me a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org