Amazing opportunity for a Data Scientist to lead an amazing team. You'll be using data science to really build value and competitive advantage. You will get to work with large data sets and utlise your machine learning expertise all while working for a top household name with a cool office in the Sydney CBD
You have a keen desire to solve problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. Propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills to technical and business audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Business acumen - strong business/commercial sense to combine with analytics to help drive recommendations; ability to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities
- Experience in machine learning, or computer science/statistics with strong machine learning component
- Experience working in a fast moving commercial environment and excellent organisational skills; this is a fast-paced operation in a high-growth phase, A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, as well as to manage workflow in accordance with project timelines is required
- Python, R, Scala or Java experience
- Good programming practices, ability to write readable, fast, object oriented code
- Extensive knowledge of statistics
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of machine learning: selecting features, building and optimising algorithms
- Experience managing or leading team would be advantageous
- previous experience of recommendation engines is highly advantageous
To work in a groundbreaking department with data minded individuals apply now! Or contact Leon on 02 8986 3147 or on email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.