Stuck in the Sand: Morgan Mckinley Client Golf Event
The Morgan McKinley Accounting & Finance team recently held their bi-annual client golf day at Moore Park Golf Club.
The day was a great success, with 30ish golfers from a number of organisations. Some of us were sharp (single digit handicaps) and some were lucky to hit the ball straight, or at all (I fell into the latter category) but we all gave it a swing anyway.
Having 8 four balls, we spilt up into buggies, and went for a shotgun start with ‘stableford’ the chosen scoring technique. I have no idea what all this means – ask a golfer, but there were a few cold beers in the buggy so my team was happy...
A few highlights of the day included:
- Two each of ‘closest to the hole’ and ‘longest drive’ competitions throughout the 18 holes, with Stuart & Conor taking out the closest to the hole (94cm from the pin for Conor!), and John & Matt M taking out the longest drive. Matt M works for Morgan McKinley so it was probably rigged!
- Clancy (playing off a scratch handicap) tearing strips off a Morgan McKinley promotional ball during tee off on the 17th. We may need to reconsider our supplier.
- Matt J, representing Morgan McKinley, taking 5 shots to get out of sand on the 10th.
- One particular client (who will remain anonymous) not making it past the ladies tee on tee off. The usual rule in this instance would involve having to play the remainder of the hole with his pants around his ankles – however, thankfully, he (and his team) were spared this time around.
- The overall winner for the day was Neil, with an amazing 46 points under the stableford scoring rules (again I’m not sure what this means but I know it’s a great score and his handicap will be seriously reviewed prior to the next client golf day). The overall winning team included Trevor, John, Tim and Mark with a combined average of 34 points and unsurprisingly lacked a Morgan McKinley member.
- Sausage sizzle on the 10th. Enough said.
Overall it was a fantastic day out, winding down with prize giving and a few well deserved beers in the club house afterwards.
Thanks to everybody who took part, it was great to spend time out the office and a professional setting with you all. We hope to see you and anybody else who may be interested at the next one!