So, what is React and how does it work?
Front End developers evidentially have a more exciting job than backend developer’s. Having the ability to incorporate creativity as well as interact more with the user base which certainly adds more value to your day at work than sitting behind a computer. However, there is a downfall... being a front-end developer is quite risky in the sense that front end development tools have greater tendency to die off, unlike backend frameworks that that are not as easy to interchange frequently.
My discussion with a candidate recently was based around this topic. His insight into the obsolete career path of front end developers brought to my attention this need to address this fact. Angular was mentioned as being a dying technology. Each version of Angular changes significantly, meaning that if you are skilled in Angular 4, although your role seems vital now, when the next version is introduced into the market, you must learn a whole new framework, which for many would not be comforting.
React on the other hand does not carry as much risk. React gives developers the ability to work with a virtual browser that is more friendly than a real browser. This is the key reason as to why people and companies are making the move.
After reading numerous interesting articles about the effectiveness of React, it is really improving the lives of both the developers and the business using it. And for now I think its safe to say that React will be sticking around.
How is benefits the developer?
• Reacts virtual browser acts like an agent between the developer and the real browser
How it benefits the business?
• Easy for junior or new developers to learn and understand, in comparison to other front end development tools.
• It has a simple framework as it’s lifecycle and component-based approaches are well defined in comparison to other commonly used frameworks.
• Allows the reuse of code components. This allows developers to use codes of different levels at anytime which is a huge time saver.
• You will also have a much happier team!
I hope after this article I have given you a good reason to start “REACTing”.