Djokovic Has a Champions Resolve, Do You?
Within the contemporary economic climate and fuelled by a recent BBC report from the International Labour Organisation announcing that the number of people out of work grew by 4 million worldwide in 2012 and is predicted to grow by another 5.1 million in 2013, your resolve to land the opportunity of your dreams has never been so important.
Having the level of determination required is one thing, maintaining it in a challenging environment, like going 6-1 down in the first set, is the hard part – unless you know how to work smart to maximise your success rate.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Time out – really think about what sort of role / company / development opportunities you want to land next – be realistic
- Research current market salaries and where you are in relation to other finance professionals at your level – check out our updated salary survey
- Relevant roles only – don’t waste your time on roles that are way above your salary or experience level
- Take your time – tailor your CV and cover letter to each position
- Research sectors of interest to you and touch base with recruiters that specialise in those markets to gain better insight and make sure you are being informed of all positions of interest
The above tips will help you to avoid unnecessary rejection and as a result will provide useful feedback and opportunities to develop and improve your resume and/or interview technique.
You don’t win a grand slam or land the opportunity of your dreams without a focused determination to succeed – be specific in your approach, research to understand what it is you want, put your details in front of relevant people and power through the challenges to get the prize!
Learn from the ‘faults’ in order to celebrate the ‘aces’ in 2013!
Game. Set. Match.